Tuesday, January 8, 2019

The Mental


Notes, thoughts and reflections on the mentality development and concept.



For education and personal development. This is a wide area that could involve everything from educating themselves, travel, go to therapy or to engage in artistic creation.
The mental life area signifies the current thought- and behavior- patterns that are constantly going on in humans mind. It is related to memory, our perceptions and understanding of sensory input. It is all about problem explaining, creativity, judgment and decision making. For the most part human are more aware of thinking results, than about the thought process that lead to the goal.
Of course, these concepts are mixed into our other life areas, both for better and worse!


Exercises for Mental life area

Where will the next thought come from?
Sometimes you can feel the stress and the brain is booming, thought replace thought and the pulse bangs more than usual.  Perhaps there may not be any superficial reason or you have a lot to do. It could also be that you're talking to someone who you think is annoying or troublesome, an energy thief. It creeps into your body and you would prefer to leave.          There are several methods to deal with such situations. One is to control your thoughts. You can calm down your thinking so you have no fuel to the fire that is going on. The most common method is meditation. Meditation calms the mind and therefore slows down the flow of thought. Meditation makes you become more and more aware that you are thinking.
If You would find that this exercise does not work properly for you, so don't give up, go on training!

Quiet the Voice in your head. "feel your feet"
Sit down on a chair with your feet on the floor. Be aware of your feet. This means that you must be physically present in them. Feel the sole of the foot against the floor. Get the sock around the skin of the foot. Feel the heel on the floor. Get your toes on the floor or the shoe. Get all the toes. Can you feel the whole foot? How does it feels inside? Hot, cold, tingling? You can feel the muscles in your feet? Maybe your bones? Have you noticed that the more physically present you will be in your feet, the quieter will be your voice in your head? Any worry, frustation or fear settle down.
Who is it experiencing what is happening?
Who is it who experience these thoughts?
Who is experiencing this body?

It may be that you are avoiding your feelings.
We have a tendency to want to escape from what we know because it can be painful, uncomfortable or too intense. It can be good to be aware of this, then you will become that who are controlling your emotions and not the other way around (let the feelings take control of you). With control I do not mean to keep them in check or on place by using violence or willpower to suppress and push them away from you. What I mean is that you should be aware of your feelings and to accept and allow that they are there. If you control and ignore them, they will sooner or later comes and bites you in the tail, by explode, shut down you so you feel lack of energy, burned out and hopeless. They can also show up in your body by illness, injury, pain and suffering. Or in any way at the same time. Then it is better to grab it before it goes so far.
Do you recognize any of these ways to avoid your feelings?
·        You deliberately ignore your feeling.
·        You see on TV, surfing the internet, checking social media, working, exercising, cleaning, reading.
·        You avoid situations where you know that some emotions are triggered.
·        You intellectualize and analyzes everything, you dwell, and dramatize, blames others, trying to explain how you feel by rational thinking and explanations, preferably with another person involved that you can blame the cause of.
·        You abstinent by eating much food, readily unhealthy such candy, take medicine, misuse of drugs, alcohol and nicotine.
·        You are joking away things. Especially about yourself and others.
·        You close by and does not feel at all. It could be that you, in some situations, is cold and unemotional and your rational brain takes over? It may also be that even your brain stops working when your entire system shuts down. The popular term is burnout, a lot of emotions coming at the same time.
Of course, there are several signs that you avoid to feel. These are just a few examples to remind and make you more conscious. If you want to do something about your situation, it might be good to get a little curious when you avoid your feelings. If you want to take yourself out of some reactions and changing situations is the first step to become aware of what's going on. Only by becoming aware of your different reactions to your emotions, you can begin to solve them.


Tuck your head in the sand!
Quotes; -There are things we don't want to see, know of, or even come close. Things we avoid to regard what we think is unpleasant in the world and in our neighborhood. A clear example of this is when a friend told me that she shared a post where it was described how a 10-year-old girl been raped and was denied an abortion because of tradition in the country that happened. The girl would probably not survive childbirth. The poster came from Amnesty and they asked for a signature in order to pay attention to the girl's case. She noted the low level of attention this partition got on Facebook. It resulted in two partition and nobody commented.
What is it in us that makes us not want to see it that is dark or dangerous in the world when it is shown on TV? What is it that makes us avoid reading articles about starvation, death, war and misery in the newspaper? The same applies to the discomfort that many feel when someone in their surroundings get angry or sad. Why would we try to make them happy again, rather than allow them to show their feelings.
Could it be that we don't want to see our own dark sides? Sides, that we perhaps are more or less aware of. We may choose to not want to see them or they are completely oblivious to us and we are not interested to find out who they are. They are dark for us because we do not take them forward in the light. We avoid difficult emotions and thoughts, both consciously and unconsciously.
If we see the darkness on TV, we will be on one plan or more aware of ourselves and do not want to see more. We do not want to be reminded of what we are trying to avoid. Then it's much easier to click "Like" on a Create you a lovely day-picture, or a picture of a funny cat.                  Now I don't mean that we should wallow in or repeating the misery. We cannot just go with a smile on our lips and pretend that the sun shines every day. Then we miss the point of experiencing life to the fullest. The sides that are dark or the so-called shadow sides are also a part of us. The more of that we can choose to want to see and also to accept, the more we can stand up and see the darkness in the world and be a better support.

What feels different. Tomorrow, when you wake up, you should explore what feels different. Then you will discover that something has changed from yesterday. What we usually do is to feel if it feels the same as yesterday. I still have back pain? I am as tired today? Is the mood as it was yesterday? Then triggers your thoughts in that state that you already are in and it don't help yourself against a change, then keeps you in the past. You are looking for you back to what you do not want instead of choosing to explore what feels different. Are you looking for what has been, so you will find it again and the surprise won’t be there. You get the same thing again and thinking about why it's not getting better. We have a tendency to seek out what we know and when we do it long enough, it becomes a habit that we carry out automatically. Whether we want it or not in our lives.
Tomorrow, when you wake up, look for what feels different. To do this, look for things that feels different in the body, physically or emotionally. Explore and get on a journey of discovery through the body and all senses.
The next time you want something other than what you already have, start then look for something new instead. Then the chances are greater that you will find it.

Awareness of mind source
Ask yourself the following question to yourself:
“Wondering where the next thought come from?”
    Note what happens right after you asked the question.    Do not attempt to answer the question, explore just curious what's going on in your head.
If you don't find it right away, you will after a few tries to discover a small, small holes between the thoughts. A total silence for a short while. For some it may be part of a second, for others a whole second or perhaps longer. There is no need to give your thoughts in your head more fuel through to despair if it does not work. Then you just have to try again.

Be attention to what happens when you ask yourself the question. When you found this little silence so feel how it feels. For every time you can stay longer and longer moments in silence. This is an exercise you can use almost anywhere. While driving a car, sitting on the bus or stand in a queue. Above all, it can be a great tool to use when you are in a situation where your thoughts start to take over and you need power to regain control.

4 comments:

  1. I am capable to see the connection between what is happening in the world and its effect on me and my employment?
    Can I foresee the probable outcome of what is happening around me? Do I customize my plans for what I forestall? Am I taking a "wait and see" attitude, or do I ignore it completely?

    Am I just as intellectually alert today as when I was a student? Am I intellectually curious?
    Do I have any hobbies, am I interested in any kind of handcraft or any cultural activity?
    Am I so sure with thoughts that fill my mind as I am with what I'm doing?

    Do I have a strong wish to learn? Am I curious? Do I believe that my learning step is fast? Middling? Slow? Do I believe that my intelligence is above average? About like to the average? Under average?
    Have I joined in one or a few "half violet formal" courses to brush up my knowlegs over the past three years? Have I done something else to recover my mental development?

    Do I regularly read different types of magazines? Do I just read the articles directly related to my work? Do I read articles that are of another interest? Do I read articles about subjects that are new for me to be develop intellectual?

    Do I believe that I have a wide experience and education? Are there areas where I feel that my knowledge is deficient? ... where I am especially knowledgeable?

    Do I offer more time to sharing parties and TV than to read, go to the theater and fiddling in art and the like? Do I read more novels than historical, biographical, and different compartment-literature? Do I give me enough time to cultural and mental development?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Live and let live!
    I finally realized that life doesn't have to be as complicated as I claimed for so many years and tried to persuade others that it was for me. But WHO had chosen to go where I went? WHO was the one who had this negative belief? WHO was it that was looking for errors instead of right?
    YES, in MY life, it's ME. And in YOUR life? ... Yeah, it's not anyone else.
    So to make it easier, I took to other people's solutions instead of rejoicing together in problems .. I was curious instead of being skeptical and jealous of those who felt good. I started taking MY responsibility every day. And really do what I say.
    If I wonder I ask. Easy. And the answer I can only take within me when I put down the self-centering that my answers always were right. Even if I get an answer from someone else who is not right for me, it is an answer I can reflect on and see if I want to live by it or not. So even an answer that does not correspond to me is incredibly valuable because I can see where I stand. So, therefore, I have the answers within me. But I have to dare to ask.
    And to get results, it REQUIRES action. It is not possible to get a result of talking about how I possibly might to do. And then don't do anything. Then I live in old results and staying in the same place. Usually one place I don't want to be on. And doing it is only for me.
    And today I like ALL feelings. I see nothing as negative. Because I lived in such without feelings for so many years. So, to being in touch with my feelings is fantastic, no matter what feeling it is. The same there. Everything is about my treatment of the emotions and from there I act or not. Nice to know that I do not need to use all feelings - It is enough to pay attention to them and to feel them. I don't even need to talk about how I feel about everything and everyone. And I have no need to say everything, I think.
    So, in order to make life easy, I use this among other things and know that everything in my life starts in me myself and that it is I who direct my way through my mindset and beliefs.
    Do you think life must be complicated? Or is it just your conviction that makes you create those feelings about life?
    I wish you a wonderful here and now.

    Love & Respect

    ReplyDelete
  3. Honesty and identification of drug addiction

    We admitted we were powerless over drugs - that our lives had become unmanageable.

    Honestly; drug addiction (alcohol, drugs, bullying or unsuitable medication) in thought and action - You may have stopped taking drugs two years ago but still thinking about them? You want to come away from obsessions and depression, thoughts of drugs and alcohol. You want a change and acknowledge you powerless previously your thoughts!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thinking positively has to do with the feeling; What's wrong with me, my negative attitude? Well, the more I focus on the defects (or "rights") about what I am doing - the worse my mood becomes. But when I try to see what I can contribute, instead of what I can get, and when I concentrate on what is good instead of what is bad, life only gets better and better. When I focus on what is good today, I have a good day, when I focus on what is bad, I have a bad day. If I focus on a problem, the problem gets bigger; If I focus on the solution, the solution will be bigger.

    ReplyDelete