Saturday, January 23, 2016

Obedience training


Do you have any goal with your dog?

The goal can be:

  command  "STAY THERE!"

The dog sits, loose outside the store while people with dogs walking past, and you do your errands inside the store for ten minutes......

Demands phase continues for life for the dog; act quickly if disobedience, do not nag, think before the command and use the "stay there" when you leave the dog. Reprimand with the command "no - stay there" while you hinder the dog. Practice, practices ... give the command stay there while your hand gives a stop signal to the dog. And hurry slowly; take a step back when it is not working. Continue to come out of sight of the dog, but make sure you can see the dog all the time. Correct immediately otherwise you create an eye-servant. 




The dog's rights
Right to understanding and management
I belong to a different species than you. You must learn and understand the rules I live for by.

The right to food and water
Allow me to always have access to fresh water and get to regular meals. It is a precondition for me to feel good.

Right for protection
You are my leader and my protector. Protect me against anything that is dangerous and frightening. Do not allow anyone to force himself on me. Do not allow children to play with me unattended.

The right for exercise.
I need exercise a few hours each day.


Right to not be beaten
An aggressive action from you makes me afraid and uncertain.


Kind treatment
You cannot apologize to me if you lose your temper; If you are irritated, do not let it out on me. Your kindness is the basis for my happiness.


Right to companionship
I'm a pack animal, so companionship is important to me. If you must leave me alone, let it not be more than five hours in a day.


Right to veterinary care
If I become sick or injured, you have to take me to the vet. I have a right to healthcare.


Right to care
No one falls ill from too much care and love. However, lack of it my make me sick. Let me see that you care about me and that you love me.


The right to protection from heat and cold
I am more sensitive than you to heat. If I get too cold can I fall ill! Do not bind me outside or let me be alone in the car when it is hot or cold.


Freedom from forced
Do not force me to perform above my ability. I cannot read, I may not understand what you want. Do not assume that I misbehave on purpose out of spite.


Right to control of my life
Let our relationship be mutual. Let me express my will too. I want to feel some control over my situation.


Right to education
I need to go to school. I need to learn the rules needed to fit in your community and in your family.


The right not to suffer

One day I'll be old. My life is much shorter than yours. My life is in your hands. Do not let me suffer.


The law says;
- The dog should be protected from unnecessary suffering and disease and have enough fodder, water and care. If an animal is sick, injured or otherwise through their behavior shows signs of illness, will it earliest given the necessary care, if necessary, by a veterinarian.

- The dog must not be unattended for more than a maximum of 6 hours.

- The dog should be kept under oversight so that it not causes damage or considerable detriment. This means that it is your responsibility as dog owners / dog holder to take the steps necessary to prevent something happening. Do you know that your dog biting other dogs and / or humans, the dog must be muzzled in public!

- Dogs must be marked and registered.

- Moreover, dogs must be kept on leash in areas that are not dog exercise area / Dog Park. To not keep the dog on a leash, outside the dog exercise area / dog park, can thus be a crime (criminal sanction available in the local order of rules for each municipality). In the Law on supervision of dogs are, among other things, that during the period from 1 March to 20 August, dogs must be kept under oversight to prevent them from running loose in the land where there is wildlife. This does not automatically mean that the dog must be leashed but it must be under such obedience as if it were linked. In general, a dog has never to be, even if not on a leash coercion exists, run around unchecked.

In some areas there is always leash coercion and in some places a total dog prohibition. Leash coercion always applies in the nature reserve, no matter how good obedience you have on your dog. Dog prohibition applies for example in playgrounds, many cemeteries and on the public beach.

No comments:

Post a Comment